Friday, August 20, 2010

Psychopathy

Journal Entry #268: Memories

I've had a fun life. Fun ever since I've been born. You know how they say to live life to its fullest? Well I believe I have. It's been the best experience I could've ever imagined... I just wish this world could offer more. Everything's gone to hell ever since that incident two months ago. You'd think that these things would rot away y'know? Guess not... at least not yet. I've lost everyone and everything. My family. My friends. My life. It's just shot down the gutter in a matter of weeks. But I shouldn't look at all the bad events up to now. Memories... that's what I'll write... and without looking back to past entries!

Let's see, what is something great I can remember? Oh! Back in 2007 on a trip to Hawaii with the family! That was great. Perfect weather for a perfect vacation. Just the vibe of being in such a place made the hairs on my spine stand in harmony. I even remember how excited I was to see a bird that looked so different from those found in San Diego. We were on the island of Maui, such a beautiful place. There was of course the tourist attracting resorts on one side, but there was also the nice country-ish side on the opposite. I loved it there. Nature can really do good for a person's soul. It's calming and stress free. I just wish I could've stayed for much much longer.

2006! The road trip with the family to Oregon! I do have to admit the best part was actually visiting places up to Oregon rather than Oregon itself. It was fun! Again with the wilderness, the Redwood trees were just awe-inspiring. It really made me want to live out in the wild (But I know I wouldn't last).

There's just so many memories to evoke... with so little time on hand. I wish life didn't have to end so early... I'd like to see all the happy faces of the survivors after all of this washes away. But that can't be helped. I'm just glad there's no one around to hurt once everything... well... you know...

Here I am, writing for no one in particular. Just recording my thoughts, even right now... My head feels as if it's splitting open. It's also very cold... even sitting in the sun didn't help. I do believe I'm losing it... A fool I was to help out someone who had already been bitten. What was I thinking? Was it because I hadn't seen anyone for a while? Was It because I was lonely? I don't even know... Maybe I just needed someone to talk to...

It definitely came back to bite me in the ass... or... rather, hand.

I can feel the cold grasp peeling my soul away. It's quite terrifying... but I guess there's a plus to this... I'll be seeing you all again. Very soon. I do miss you all... I really do...

I put down the journal and looked to my side. The mood was so gloom. Clouds covered the sky and shone it's dim, melancholy light through the window pane upon the corpse of someone who didn't deserve end up like this.

"Life most definitely isn't fair." I said to myself, holding back my tears. I picked the journal back up and put it in my pack. "I hope you don't mind if I take this. Gives me something to read, and maybe I'll add on to it!" talking to the dead body as if it were alive still. "And maybe this too... In case I might have to do the same..." I reached for the gun in his hand. Some sort of pistol. Nothing fancy. Still had a couple bullets in it. I hope I won't have to use it... not anytime soon... I thought to myself.

I left the room. Left the body lying in bed as if it were in a coffin. Left, with a smile on my face. Life may be unfair, but it's definitely worth living...

No comments:

Post a Comment